In maritime transport, the vast majority of cargo can be transported in containers. Suitable for container cargo is 12 categories, namely, telecommunication, instruments, small machinery, glass ceramics, handicrafts, printing and paper, medicine, tobacco and alcohol food, daily necessities, chemicals, needle textiles and small hardware. But some items are not suitable for shipping with bulk sea containers. CIMC Yangzhou Base tell you what exactly is not ideal for shipping in containers?
What Items Are Not Suitable For Shipping With Bulk Sea Containers?
- fresh goods. Such as live fish, shrimp, etc., because of the timeliness of shipping relative to other modes of transport, relatively long, fresh goods if using bulk sea container shipping, in the process of transport will rot deterioration;
- overweight cargo. The maximum strength of the container can withstand, such as 20GP container general weight limit of 21.5 tons, the weight of the goods exceeds this limit, may occur box deformation, floor fall off, top beam bending and other damage, so this cargo can not be shipped by sea bulk container;
- oversized cargo. The unit capacity of each container is specific. Oversized cargo can not use bulk sea containers, some significant accessories ultra-high, ultra-wide, bulk carriers can only transport these goods in the cabin or deck;
Bulk Sea Container Packing Process, What Are The Precautions?
- after the container drag, the first to check the integrity of the bulk sea container, see if there is no damage in the box, and hold the box check box number to ensure that the box number is accurate. At the same time, the cargo owner also needs to keep the seal, note the specific lead seal number.
- the best goods are not to be naked, at least to have the packaging, not to save space and cause damage to the goods. General goods will also have the packaging, only such as large machines such as boilers, building materials, etc., will be more troublesome, must be tied, tied tightly to prevent loosening.
- wooden loading crates, heavy small wooden crates, can be used riding sewing loading method, so that the upper wooden box pressure on the lower two wooden boxes on the seams, the top layer must be fixed or stuffed. For cumbersome large wooden boxes, there must be dedicated improved facilities. Do not let the cargo and container front and rear wall Touch; while loading the box, it is usually used to tighten the strap or replace the strip with elastic nylon or cloth straps.
- loading carton cargo, different sizes of cartons mixed, should be reasonable in carton size, to be tightly stacked. LCL carton cargo should be separated, can be used paper, net, plywood, electric pallet and other materials; the gap between the goods is more than 10 cm, should be reinforced according to the situation.
- Bag loading, generally using the wall method and cross method; bag generally easy to collapse and slide, can be sticky adhesive, or inserted in the middle of the bag packing pad and non-slip coarse paper. To prevent the bag from stacking too high and have the danger of collapse, so need to be tied to the fixture; usually, bag Loading-packing material moisture resistance, water and moisture resistance are weak. After the cargo packing, it is best to lay plastic at the top of the goods, etc. Waterproof cover.
- Drum loading, because the barrel is cylindrical, so the method of stacking and reinforcement in the box is determined by a specific size so that it is in coordination with the box size. Iron barrel loading requires a close between the barrel and barrel. Every other row to pad a high plate, wooden barrels require horizontal loading. A wooden wedge is placed on both ends of the barrel; cardboard barrels are loaded similar to iron barrels.
- bulk mixed note:
(1) different shapes, different packaging of goods as far as possible not to be packed together;
(2) from the packaging will seepage dust, liquid, moisture, odour, etc., as far as possible not to put together with other goods;
(3) lightweight goods placed on relatively heavy goods;
(4) the packaging strength of the goods to be placed on the packaging strength of the goods above;
(5) liquid goods and clean goods to be placed under other goods as much as possible;
(6) with sharp corners or protruding parts of the goods, need to cover them to avoid damage to other goods.
The above is not suitable for bulk sea containers for the summary of items and the use of bulk sea containers to transport goods assembly considerations.