There are 3 types of Open Side Containers, Full Side Doors, Partial Side Doors, and Single Side Doors. The first two are mostly designed for goods in and out, and the third is mostly designed for entry and exit personnel.
When it comes to shipping containers, there are several different options to choose from. One of the most popular types is the side open container. This style of container has many advantages that other types do not have, which is why more and more people choose to buy it.
As an open side container in a logistic equipment container, it is also called an open top container and an open top cabinet. This kind of container does not have a rigid roof but has a canopy made of canvas, plastic sheeting, or plastic-coated cloth supported by a foldable top beam. The top is covered with a waterproof cloth during shipment. Load and unload cargo on the top of the box. It is suitable for loading tall and large objects and heavy objects that need to be hoisted, such as glass plates, etc.
CIMC Yangzhou Base Open Side Container (standard size) Introduction
- Full side access
- Rear and Side door opening at 90 or 180 degrees
Open Side Container Functional Design
Single door: the use of general design, to meet the basic functions.
Multiple doors: meet the basic switching function, to ensure the user under normal conditions convenient operation, and has sealed waterproof performance.
Single door Open Side Container, usually in the form of a standard box door structure, including internal and external door adhesive strips, as long as the sealing function can meet the requirements.
CIMC Yangzhou Base Open Side Container uses an end sealing strip that facilitates the opening and closing of doors, especially doors opened from within. Face sealing facilitates easy operation and the inner strip can be used in all shapes.
For the connection of multiple doors, the reliability and support function of the connection between the doors must be considered, and the convenience of switching operation must be ensured, the difficulty of switching is reduced, and the work efficiency is improved.
Open side container is well sealed and waterproof, and the upper end of the side door is provided with a canopy, which enhances the waterproof performance.
Open side container is primarily used for road transport, with fully open side doors, allowing cargo to enter and exit from the side, and can also be loaded and unloaded directly with a forklift to reduce damage to the box during transport.
20′ Open Side Container Data Sheet
|External Size||6058(L) x 2438(W) x 2896(H) mm|
|Internal Size||5898(L) x 2288(W) x 2299(H) mm|
|Rear Door Opening||2227(W) x 2169(H)|
|Side Door Opening||5846(W) x 2154(H)|
|Internal Cubic Capacity||31 CU.M|
|Maximum Gross Weight||30480 KGS|
|Tare Weight||3140 KGS|
|Maximum Payload||27340 KGS|
|Stacking Test Load ( Per Post)||86400 KGS|
40′ Open Side Container Data Sheet
|External Size||12192(L) x 2438(W) x 2896(H) mm|
|Internal Size||12032(L) x 2288(W) x 2299(H) mm|
|Rear Door Opening||2226(W) x 2320(H)|
|Side Door Opening||11836(W) x 2300(H)|
|Internal Cubic Capacity||67.4 CU.M|
|Maximum Gross Weight||24000 KGS|
|Tare Weight||5170 KGS|
|Maximum Payload||18830 KGS|
|Stacking Test Load ( Per Post)||86400 KGS|
CIMC Yangzhou Base Open Side Container (12′) Introduction
- 12′ Open Side Container supports size customization and is economical and convenient to handle, transport or store.
- Doors on the side or at the end for easy loading and unloading.
- Various lashing methods: lashing strips, floor-embedded lashing rings, column lashing rods, side lashing rings.
- 12′ Open Side Container can couple the unit through a connector to save shipping costs.
- CSC certification.
The benefits of open side containers
- side open container has some advantages and additional functions that other styles do not have.
- One benefit is that they are stackable, which means you can stack them on top of each other to make more storage space. Another great benefit is their versatility, as they are the only shipping containers with side doors.
- These doors allow for easy loading and unloading from both ends, and can even be loaded and unloaded through the doors if required. The fact that it doesn’t matter which end needs to be open also means that there isn’t any wasted space in the middle of the container when loading.
- Another benefit of the side open container is that it allows forklifts to easily load and unload goods. This means that companies with forklifts are more likely to buy this container type, as it is the only one that makes sense when it comes to loading and unloading.
- The main advantage of open-side containers is that they can accommodate oversized equipment.
- Another advantage of open sided containers is that the amount of space can be utilized to the maximum
- Besides, boxing and unboxing is faster than other types of containers.
- Unlike other standard containers, larger sized goods can be easily loaded into side opening containers.
- Another benefit of side-opening containers is that cargo sorting can be easily done without unloading everything inside the container.
- Entrance for Oversized Items—Side-opening shipping containers with larger doors provide sufficient space for oversized items that cannot pass through the container’s regular doors. This increases the number of items you can transport and store using these metal boxes.
- Better access to stored items: Since shipping containers are loaded from the back to the front, accessing the items that were loaded first will require you to remove the items at the front to get to them. With side-opening containers, the cargo loaded first does not have to come out last, making retrieving items fast and efficient.
- Better utilization of containers – side doors also help to improve the utilization of the container, as the container can be divided into two or more parts to serve as multiple cafes, shops, or offices.
Open side containers have two sets of double doors on the long sides. Such two doors are arranged to open the entire length of the container, giving full access to the container for loading and unloading. However, in special cases, three-door open-side containers are also manufactured to facilitate customers to meet their requirements. Side doors are manufactured to open 8ft or 20ft openings for 20ft containers upon request.
A side open container has a door on one of the long sides of the container. This type of door arrangement allows the forklift to be used sideways as it can drive into the container and then load or unload the cargo from either end. It also means that people can quickly load and unload this type of container.
Features of side open container
- High-quality steel structure, providing the toughness and durability you expect from a shipping container
- Water seals on all doors to keep cargo interior dry and pest free
- Sturdy marine quality timber floors
- Standard door with full opening of 270 degrees
- Large side door for easy access and loading of bulky items
Companies that need to ship items frequently can also benefit from using side open containers. For example, UPS and other shipping lines will load and unload cargo faster than using conventional containers. There is also no wasted space when removing items from this type of storage container, unlike other styles.
Construction firms can also use these containers to store tools and equipment or as temporary offices. These work best on construction sites where many different people come and go throughout the day.
Another widespread use is the transport of goods across seas by ship or truck. These containers can be loaded on ships or trucks and can be filled from the side, making loading quicker and easier.
Even at home, this storage container has a purpose. For example, these can be used as sheds to store backyard equipment. You need to have enough space for your container, but if you do, it can be a great place to store any kind of lawn care equipment or outdoor tools.
Open side container size
- One of the most common sizes is the 20ft long container.
- The size of this container with side opening doors is usually about 20 feet long x 8 feet wide x 8 feet 6 inches high (this is usually a standard height).
- One of the advantages of this size is that it has a modest weight capacity of 28 tons or 56,000 lbs.
- The full side opening container is a 40 feet long side opening container. It is similar in size to its smaller counterpart but differs in length, with a total length of 40 feet.
- A side-opening sea container of this size has a load capacity of 29 tons, which equates to 58,000 pounds.
20′ and 40′ side open containers are usually available. 40-foot-high cube open-side containers can also be provided according to customer needs. Open side containers also come in tall cubes, which add a foot to their height compared to regular-sized shipping containers. For example, they measure 9’6″ inside instead of 8’6″. The extra headroom comes in handy if you need to load or store super tall items.
Open container doors are made of flat steel rather than heavier corrugated steel and are suitable for storage because the doors open and close periodically. A safety lock box above the padlock provides better protection. Rubber seals fitted to each door opening help prevent water or moisture from entering the container.
On request we can also install container fittings
- Tornado Bird
- Ventilation holes to prevent condensation inside the container
- Container ramp, stable and easy loading
- Heavy-duty shelves are ideal for cargo storage
- Security lock box
The options we offer are endless. We will add any accessories you need to make the container suitable for its intended use.
Open side container can be used for many purposes
- Storage: The Curtain side container is ideal for on-site storage as it provides a wider opening to store bulky items, while easy access to items makes organizing, storing, and retrieving items a quick and easy task. This, combined with strong and secure shipping containers, make for the perfect storage facility.
- Transportation: With all the features of ordinary containers and the added advantage of side-opening doors, side-opening containers are ideal for transporting both general and bulky cargo. Side doors provide better options for loading and unloading.
Open Side Container (12′) Data Sheet
|External Size||3658(L) x 2438(W) x 2591(H) mm|
|Internal Size||3590(L) x 2318(W) x 2366(H) mm|
|Tare Weight||1700 kg|
|Roof||T2.0mm~2.3mm Corrugation panel|
|Sidewall||T2.0mm~2.3mm Corrugation panel|
|End wall||T2.0mm~2.3mm Corrugation panel|
|Floor||T20mm plywood/ T28mm plywood/ T4.5 steel floor|
|Optional ﬁxtures||External Size can be customized.
The door on both sides or ends.
Internal Lashing strips.
Floor recessed lashing rings.