CIMC Yangzhou Base, as a container manufacturer, stated that a large part of the claims for freezer sea container transportation are from cargo claims. The reason for the claims is usually that the set temperature was not maintained during transportation, resulting in loss of cargo. This article gives relevant guidance from the transportation of temperature-controlled goods in refrigerated containers, so as to assist refrigerated containers to protect the goods during transportation as much as possible.
Introduction of freezer sea container
1. Strictly control temperature and humidity
As a refrigerated container supplier, CIMC Yangzhou Base suggested that strict temperature and humidity control of freezer sea containers would greatly extend the shelf life of perishable goods. This is because fresh perishable goods undergo a continuous oxidation process from receipt, releasing heat and gases. If the cold chain is not properly maintained, goods can easily spoil or rot, and their freshness is greatly reduced, resulting in reduced commercial value or even a complete loss. A proper cold chain management system can extend the shelf life of commodities and allow for longer storage and transportation.
2.” Pre-cooling” treatment before packing
As a container manufacturer, CIMC Yangzhou Base reminds you that the packing process is very important to freezer sea container.
The transportation of goods is also crucial, which directly affects the quality of the goods. The proper temperature and humidity depend on the smooth flow of gas in the reefer, which in turn is inseparable from the way the cargo is packed, which normally only maintains the temperature of the cargo.
3. Use a reprint tray
When loading refrigerated cargo, CIMC Yangzhou Base, as a container manufacturer, recommends that you use a loading pallet, it is very important to ensure that the carton is firmly supported, so that the gas in the freezer sea container can circulate evenly and smoothly in the cargo. The air holes in the box must allow unrestricted airflow. If the container is not full, we also recommend that you place cartons or other materials at the bottom of the box to keep good vertical ventilation for the goods and packaging materials as much as possible.
4. There is no gap between the goods and the box wall
The most important point in the use of Cold Storage Container is that there is no gap between the goods and the container wall, and the goods in the container form a solid block. This allows air to flow freely and evenly around the loaded cargo, keeping the cargo at a constant temperature and humidity.
Freezer sea container loading and shipping guidelines
1. The ship shall be equipped with manufacturer’s refrigerated spare parts, tools and maintenance manuals dedicated to the relevant refrigerating equipment. These tools and facilities should be used by the ship’s engineer when emergency repairs are required during the voyage. There are different types of freezer sea container equipment, each with its own repair and maintenance characteristics.
2. The supply of the carried refrigerant shall be determined according to the type and quantity of the reefer on board.
3. Before shipping the freezer sea container, it is crucial to obtain a detailed description of all shipping conditions from the shipper, including temperature, ventilation and humidity requirements, etc.
4. If the vessel is loading at the port of loading, a surveyor should be assigned to monitor the temperature of the cargo upon arrival and note any details that do not comply with the specification.
5. Any special requirements on the transportation of freezer sea containers in the charter party should be strictly followed, such as monitoring procedures, repair requirements, parties to be notified in case of failure, etc., and appropriate instructions should be given to the ship in writing.
6. There should be a refrigerated operation manual on board, which specifies the transportation conditions of refrigerated loaded goods, possible problems and an overview of the problem solving procedures. Expert advice should be sought if a problem arises that is not covered in the manual.
7. At the beginning of loading, the crew should reconfirm whether the power socket of the ship is matched with the plug of the reefer and whether the quantity is sufficient for all the reefers loaded. If necessary, a sufficient number of adapter plugs should be prepared.
8. In order to prevent the failure of a power outlet, a spare refrigerated extension wire should be provided.
9. After the refrigerator is powered on, use the locking ring to lock the plug and socket. And it should be checked to ensure that the refrigerated socket box is fully closed to prevent the entry of water during the voyage.
10. After the reefer is loaded and the power is turned on, an experienced crew member should be arranged to check and confirm that the refrigeration unit is running and the temperature is gradually reaching the set value. If the refrigeration unit does not operate, basic inspection measures should be taken.
11. During the voyage, the temperature of the freezer sea container should be checked at intervals of no more than six hours. Any problems encountered should be recorded in the appropriate log book. In addition, automatic recording can transmit the relevant signal through the cable to the central point. The system should be checked regularly to avoid error messages.
The freezer sea container can check the list before loading, which states all the precautions to be paid attention to when loading. Hope the above guide will be helpful to shipowners involved in freezer sea container, please feel free to contact us for further information. If you are short of a reefer container, please find CIMC Yangzhou Base as a supplier!