The greatest success of the container lies in the standardization of its products and the establishment of a complete set of transportation system, which can standardize a behemoth with a load of tens of tons, and based on this, gradually realize the worldwide transportation of ships, ports, routes, roads, The logistics system with transfer stations, bridges, tunnels, and multimodal transport can be regarded as one of the great miracles created by human beings in history.
Ⅰ. Containers are classified by purpose
1. Ordinary container
Ordinary containers, also known as dry cargo containers, are mainly used to ship groceries and are usually used to ship stationery, daily necessities, medicine, textiles, handicrafts, chemical products, Wujinjiaodian, electronic machinery, instruments, and machine parts, etc.
2. Refrigerated container
There are two types of refrigerated containers: external and internal. The temperature can be adjusted between -60°C ~ +30°C. The built-in container can start the refrigerator at will during transportation to keep the container at a specified temperature; while the external container must rely on the refrigerators equipped on special container vehicles, ships, special yards, and stations for refrigeration.
3. Open top container
Open top container, also known as open top container, open top cabinet, this kind of container has no roof, but a canopy made of canvas, plastic cloth or plastic-coated cloth supported by a foldable top beam, which can be lifted from the top by a crane. For loading and unloading of goods, the top of the open top container can be opened or the container has no fixed surface, and the top is covered with a waterproof cloth during shipment. The watertight requirements are the same as those of the dry container. It is suitable for loading heavy goods such as glass plates, steel products and machinery.
4. Frame container
The frame container has no roof and sides and is characterized by loading and unloading from the side of the container. It is mainly used for carrying overweight goods, and it is also convenient for loading livestock, as well as bare goods such as steel that can be exempted from outer packaging. It can also facilitate the hoisting of large ultra-wide and ultra-high cargo.
5. Livestock container
The side of the livestock container is made of metal mesh, which is well ventilated and convenient for feeding. It is a special container specially made for shipping cattle, horses, and other live animals.
6. Tank container
Tank containers are also called liquid containers. It is a special container manufactured for transporting liquid goods such as food, medicine, and chemicals.
7. Platform container
The platform container is shaped like a railway flat car and is a container with a high-carrying-capacity floor and no superstructure. It is suitable for loading super-heavy and super-long cargo, with a length of more than 6 meters, a width of more than 4 meters, a height of about 4.5 meters, and a weight of up to 40 tons. Moreover, two platform containers can be connected to hold 80 metric tons of goods. It is very convenient to use this kind of box to transport cars.
8. Ventilated container
There are 4-6 ventilation holes on the wall of the ventilated container, and the inner wall is coated with a plastic layer, which is suitable for loading goods that are afraid of heat and stuffiness, such as fresh vegetables and fruits.
9. Insulated container
There is a heat insulation layer inside the insulated container, and there are air inlets and outlets on the top of the box that can adjust the angle. The outside air and wind direction can be used to adjust the temperature inside the box. When it is closed, it can not be affected by the outside temperature for a certain period of time. Suitable for shipment of goods sensitive to temperature and humidity.
10. Bulk container
Bulk cargo containers generally have 2 to 3 small hatches on the top for loading.
11. Bulk powder cargo container
Bulk powder cargo containers are basically the same as bulk boxes but use nozzles and straws for loading and unloading.
12. Hanging container
The hanging container is suitable for the container of clothing goods. With the development of international trade, the structure of commodities is constantly changing, and various types of special or multi-purpose containers will appear in the future.
Ⅱ. What are the large cabinets, small cabinets, and double backs of containers
- Large cabinets generally refer to 40-foot containers, usually 40GP and 40HQ. The 45-foot container is generally considered to be a special container.
- Small cabinets generally refer to 20-foot containers, usually 20GP.
- Double back refers to two 20-foot small cabinets. For example, a trailer pulls two 20-foot small containers at the same time; when the port is hoisted, two 20-foot containers are hoisted onto the ship at one time.
Ⅲ. What does LCL mean? What about the whole box?
- LCL refers to the goods with multiple owners in one container. The small batch of goods that cannot fill a full container is LCL, and it is operated according to LCL.
- Full container refers to the goods of only one owner or manufacturer in a container. Larger quantities of goods that can fill one or more full containers are full container goods, and are operated as full container goods.
Ⅳ. What are the common specifications of the container
- 40-foot-high container (40HC): 40 feet long, 9 feet 6 inches high; approximately 12.192 meters long, 2.9 meters high, 2.35 meters wide, generally loaded around 68CBM.
- 40-foot general container (40GP): 40 feet long, 8 feet 6 inches high; about 12.192 meters long, 2.6 meters high, 2.35 meters wide, and the general loading is about 58CBM.
- 20 feet general container (20GP): 20 feet long, 8 feet 6 inches high; about 6.096 meters long, 2.6 meters high, 2.35 meters wide, generally about 28 CBM.
- 45-foot-high container (45HC): 45 feet long, 9 feet 6 inches high; about 13.716 meters long, 2.9 meters high, 2.35 meters wide, generally loaded around 75CBM.
Ⅴ. container letter meaning
- DC refers to dry container (Dry Container), 20GP, 40GP, 40HQ and other cabinets are all dry containers.
- OT is the abbreviation of Open Top, which refers to an open top cabinet, that is, a cabinet with no top and only a tent on the top of the box.
Ⅵ. Some little knowledge about containers
1. What is the bill of lading number
Usually it is the number that the freight forwarder gives you, which may be the order number of the ship owner or the freight forwarder. Generally, you can pick up empty or heavy boxes according to the name of the ship/voyage and the number of the bill of lading.
2. What is the box number/cabinet number
Refers to the serial number of the container, which is unique in the world and consists of four letters and seven numbers, of which the first three letters are the code of the container owner (shipping company or container leasing company), the fourth letter is U, and the next six The number is the serial number, and the last number is the check digit.
The box number is usually asked by the driver, because the driver knows the box number only after picking up the box, and the box number is used in customs declaration, document making, and warehouse receipt entry.
3. What is the seal number
It refers to the number of the seal that locks the container door. The lead seal is generally provided by the shipping company and needs to be purchased with money.
4. What is the equipment handover list
When picking up the suitcase at the exit, you must first print the bill, and then get a multi-part “Equipment Handover Form”. The driver uses this equipment handover form to pick up the suitcase, leave the station, enter the station, and return the suitcase.
5. What time does the export box station put the box
Usually it is 10 o’clock, but usually there is no one at the place where the order is processed by 9 o’clock, so the import dispatch must be back around 8 o’clock, because the driver has to drop the box first.
6. What is the damage fee
Refers to the cost incurred when the imported boxes are found to be damaged after unloading.
7. What is the washing fee
Refers to the box washing fee that is found to be dirty.
CIMC Yang Zhou Base as a container supplier is a container manufacturer integrating design, production, sales, and installation. The company has advanced technology, sophisticated equipment, and a team of engineering designers to produce special containers, special equipment, modular buildings, container parts, and other products, and has a scientific and perfect quality management system. If you need containers, please feel free to inquire!