With the continuous development of container transportation, different types of containers have appeared to meet the needs of different loading types of goods.
Ⅱ. Containers are classified according to the purpose of use
- Ordinary container: Also known as a dry cargo container, it is mainly used to ship general cargo. In addition to refrigerated freight, live animals, and plants, dry cargo containers can be used for goods suitable for container transportation in terms of size and weight.
- Refrigerated containers: There are two types: external and internal. The temperature can be adjusted between -25℃ ~ and +25℃. This box is suitable for transporting items such as butter, chocolate, frozen fish, condensed milk, margarine, and more in summer.
- open top shipping container: Also known as an open top shipping container, this container has no top and is suitable for loading heavy cargo such as glass panels, steel products, and machinery.
- Frame container: There is no box top and sides, which is characterized by loading and unloading from the side of the container. It can also facilitate the hoisting of large, ultra-wide, and ultra-high cargoes.
- Livestock container: The side of this box is made of metal mesh, which is well ventilated and easy to feed. It is a special container specially made for the shipment of live animals such as cattle and horses.
- Tank container: also known as a liquid container. It is a special container made to transport food, medicine, chemicals, and other liquid goods. Most tanks have steam or electric heating, inert gas protection, pressure relief, and other optional equipment required for fluid transportation and handling.
- Platform container: Similar in shape to a railway flatbed, it is a container with a high bearing capacity floor and no upper structure.
- Ventilated container: There are 4-6 ventilation holes on the box wall, and the inner wall is coated with a plastic layer, which is suitable for loading fresh vegetables and fruits and other goods that are afraid of heat and stuffiness.
- Insulation container: There is a thermal insulation layer in the box, and there is an air inlet and outlet on the top of the box that can adjust the angle. The outside air and wind direction can be used to adjust the temperature inside the box, which is suitable for shipping goods that are sensitive to temperature and humidity.
- Bulk container: Generally, there are 2~3 small hatches on the top for loading. This box is suitable for bulk cargo such as grain and cement.
- Bulk powder container: the same as the bulk container, but using a nozzle and straw for loading and unloading.
- Hanging container: a container suitable for the shipment of clothing commodities. With the development of international trade, the commodity structure is constantly changing, and various types of special or multi-purpose containers will appear in the future.
Ⅲ. Introduction of open top shipping container
Open top shipping container is also called open top container, top open container. A container unit with a unique roof and doors. It features an open top covered with a tarp. It is specially designed to store large and bulky cargo that cannot be transported in conventional containers. In addition to the open top, it is also accessible through doors at end of the container, allowing general cargo to pass through.
Open Top Containers can be used for a wider range of shipments than normal cargo. This kind of container does not have a rigid top but has a canopy made of canvas, plastic cloth, or plastic-coated cloth supported by a foldable top beam. The top is covered with a tarp during shipment. The watertight requirements are the same as that of a dry container. Loading and unloading goods on top of the box. It is suitable for loading tall and large objects and heavy objects, such as glass plates, that need to be hoisted. It can also be customized according to the needs of users.
Ⅳ. Why do you need an open top shipping container
Because the open top shipping container can hold goods that are too large or difficult to fit into ordinary containers, its structural design makes it easier to load and unload cargo. The metal posts on the doors can be easily pulled apart. Huge cargo such as cranes and heavy machinery can be easily placed inside the container.
Ⅴ. open top shipping container classification
1.Open top shipping container with soft top
The soft top has a tarpaulin roof, which is a milder material. This is a standard option in the shipping industry. Use lashing rings or large eyelets to hold it in place. Since then, roof bows have been used to support the tarp’s structural support.
All open tops feature a soft top that covers the container roof when the cargo is within specification, i.e., not larger than usual nor beyond the roof.
If your cargo is larger than the large custom tarpaulin you bought, you can even replace the covering with canvas or plastic sheeting to suit your load.
2.Open top shipping container with hardtop
The hardtop of a hardtop container is mostly made of steel. The roof can be moved with the help of a crane.
Ⅵ. open top shipping container use
- For transporting cable reels
- Transporting long steel bars of various widths
- transport waste
- Transporting metals, coal, or other similar minerals
- Transporting trees
- Build a small outdoor fitness center or swimming pool
Ⅶ. Precautions when using an open top shipping container
In most cases, the cargo inside fits perfectly into the container size, so the tarp stays level. In this case, the containers can be stacked below other units without any structural problems.
If the cargo is large and bulky and cannot fit into the container, a portion of it will stick above the sides of the container. In this case, the containers cannot be stacked. These container units are kept in separate locations to ensure they are not damaged during shipment.
Likewise, open top shipping containers are placed in different locations to prevent accidental stacking in container yards. Only forklift trucks or vertical stacking cranes can be used for mobile OT units with cargo glued to the roof.