Mobile Refrigeration Overview
“Mobile refrigeration”, as the name suggests, refers to the equipment in the circulation link in the food cold chain, including refrigerated trucks, refrigerated ships, refrigerated containers and high performance special reefer containers. There are two modes of transportation for refrigerated transport ships, one is traditional refrigerated ship transportation, and the other is refrigerated container ship transportation. The traditional reefer ship basically cooperates with the transportation of ocean-going fishing operations and doubles as a supply ship for fishing vessels. Refrigerated container ships currently dominate this refrigerated cargo shipping market due to greater flexibility and more competitive prices.
A refrigerated container refers to a specially designed container with certain thermal insulation properties, which can maintain a certain low temperature and is suitable for refrigerated storage and transportation of various foods. According to the mode of transportation, refrigerated containers can be divided into two types: sea transportation and land transportation (road, railway).
High performance special reefer container loading
According to the different characteristics of frozen goods, fresh goods, general refrigerated goods and dangerous goods, the stowage methods in the cold box are also different.
Frozen goods, general refrigerated goods and dangerous goods, etc., because the goods themselves do not emit heat and have been pre-cooled to the set transport temperature before packing, the stacking method is very simple. The whole can be. There should be no gaps between the outer packaging of the goods and between the goods and the box walls. However, the loaded cargo should be below the red loading line, only in this way, the cold air can flow evenly through the cargo to ensure that the cargo reaches the required temperature.
(1) The stacking goods without gaps should be stacked as a whole like stacking wood, leaving no gap between the cargo and the box wall. If the loaded cargo does not fill the entire bottom of the cold box, thick cardboard or similar material should be used to cover the remaining area. This prevents “short-circuiting” of the air circulation, resulting in insufficient cooling of the cargo. The goods stacked in the box should be lower than the red loading line and not beyond the vertical surface of the T-slot to ensure good circulation of cold air, and the goods cannot be covered with materials such as plastic films.
(2) In addition to complying with the requirements of the stacking method of building blocks, the pallet stacking method should also ensure that the four corners of the stacked boxes on the pallet should be aligned up and down, so that the weight can be evenly distributed, and the ventilation holes at the top and bottom of the boxes should be Align up and down to make the cold air circulate smoothly.
High performance special reefer container management
The high performance special reefer container is usually arranged in the middle and rear of the hidden surface ship, avoiding the lower two layers of the outermost row of container positions on the starboard and starboard sides of the ship. During transportation, check the temperature in the box three times a day, morning, noon and evening, and make a record. Hazardous reefers should be shipped with temperature recorded hourly. If the refrigerator fails, immediately notify the senior engineer to organize personnel to overhaul. Record the temperature one hour before unloading the container at the port, unplug the power cord half an hour before unloading and put it away. Specific shipping requirements:
(1) Stowage of the reefer
Deck stowage: The cold box should be installed in the ventilated place on the deck as much as possible, and the refrigeration unit should face the stern, especially the cold box installed at the front of the ship, but the refrigeration unit can also be directed to the bow after being installed in the living area.
In-tank stowage: as permitted by ship construction regulations, cold boxes can also be installed in the tank if necessary. However, the cold box should be installed on the bottom layer as much as possible, especially the freezer. And it must be ensured that the mechanical ventilation equipment in the cargo hold works properly and has sufficient ventilation. The storage of crisper boxes in the cabin should be avoided.
The cold box should be installed near the power outlet, with easy inspection and enough free space for ventilation and repair. The end-to-end installation of the cold box refrigeration unit or the close-to-close installation of the refrigeration unit end and other box ends should be avoided for operation and repair.
If conditions permit, the cold box should be installed in a position where it can be installed first, so that it can be loaded on board for power supply and inspection as soon as possible. If there is a fault, it can be dealt with in time. Necessary information such as the loading position, box type, set temperature and special requirements of the cold box should be marked on the stowage map.
Before loading: After the chief mate receives the cold box thermometer and related materials, he should go to the yard with the chief engineer officer and electrical engineer to conduct a comprehensive inspection of the cold box. The cold box should be checked when the power supply is running. If the power has been cut off, the working condition of the cold box should be judged according to the paper tray record for a period of time before. If faults and damages are found, inspection records shall be made, and the yard management personnel shall be notified immediately for inspection and repair. If the damage is serious, it may affect the quality of the goods or the fault cannot be eliminated, so it should be rejected.
- Whether the temperature recorder paper tray is installed properly, whether the box number is marked on the paper tray, whether the set temperature is consistent with the actual, whether the recorder is working normally, and the recording curve is clearly visible. If there is no recorder tray device, check whether the actual temperature is the same as the set temperature.
- Whether the set temperature of the display and the temperature in the box are within the normal difference range
- Whether the box body is damaged or damaged, whether the box door is tightly closed, locked and sealed
- Whether the fresh air exchange window is set in the correct position. The freezer should be placed in the closed position and the crisper set at the appropriate percentage opening as required.
Big pipe wheel inspection
- Mechanical appearance, operation and cooling condition of refrigeration unit
- Observe the oil condition, the oil level should be between 1/8-1/4 of the observation mirror when the compressor is running
- Check the refrigerant storage, and the refrigerant inspection should be carried out when the refrigeration unit is in refrigerating operation. When the refrigerant level is more than 1/2 of the observation glass, the refrigerant is sufficient. If it is lower than 1/2 or has dropped to the lower 1/4, the refrigerant is insufficient and needs to be replenished urgently.
- The refrigerant has poor water solubility, and its humidity should be observed from the observation glass. Light green indicates dryness and normal yellow indicates that it contains moisture and needs to be treated.
When loading the ship, the deck watchman should supervise the loading on site, pay attention to check the appearance of the six sides of the box, and immediately notify the tally staff to record the damage if it is found to be damaged. , agents and related parties.
After loading, each cold box should be powered on as soon as possible after it is installed, and the electrical engineer should review its working status. If a fault is found and cannot be eliminated, the chief mate should be notified immediately. The chief mate informs the on-site foreman or agent to arrange professional inspection and repair. If the fault cannot be ruled out, the ship should be unloaded and the agent and relevant parties should be notified.
CIMC Yang Zhou Base as a container supplier, high performance special reefer container during the voyage, use various modern means of ship configuration such as microcomputer remote control system to continuously and effectively monitor and record the cold box, and at least every hour to the site to check and record the cold box temperature and working conditions. The electrician shall conduct a comprehensive inspection and maintenance at least once a day. If a fault is found, the relevant personnel should be organized to deal with it immediately.