1 Pre-Made Container Homes Definition
Pre-made container homes build units based on a standard container, combining them with a regular building function.
According to its mobility characteristics, it is possible not only by transport but also during transport does not affect the internal use of container dwellings. The architectural design should comply with module integration, diversity, and functional practicality, effectively use space and facilitate construction.
2 Features Of Pre-Made Container Homes
2.1 Mobility, Removable, Reusable
The activity of pre-made container homes can be achieved in two ways.
One is to realize the movement of the house with integral as the basic unit, transportation as the carrier, and hoisting technology as the support. Modern innovative technology enables containers weighing more than 20 tons to move quickly.
In contrast to the previous one, the decomposition of the components is based on the use of bolt welding and other ways to connect to achieve the purpose of cross-regional activities.
2.2 Compact And Reasonable Space, Complete Functions
Container dwellings are still residential, so basic residential functions must be ensured to ensure that people with internal activities can receive normal physiological activities, such as rest, recreation, dining, washing, etc.
The container interior should contain essential functional spaces such as living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
2.3 Convenient Transportation
Whether it is the means of transport, road conditions, or equipment restrictions, container dwellings are required to have the dimensions needed so that the purpose of rapid transportation can be achieved.
2.4 Short Cycle And High Utilization
More than 90% of pre-made container homes construction work is pre-made from the factory, while the remaining small amount of work needs to be installed on-site.
In addition to the construction and assembly of more significant components such as foundations and roofs, the site includes installing and constructing pipelines and septic tanks.
Therefore, the container house can be completed in 1 to 3 days, improving the time utilization rate. In addition, space utilization is improved through full use of vacant land.
3 Application Of Modular Building In Container House
3.1 Application Of Spatial Structure
In the overall structure of the container, there is no need to consider the floor problem.
The roof plate is integrated with the surrounding wall panel, which can be made of a thin wall with a small amount of material.
Modular components as a whole, their production process is also not complicated. The spatial scope of this physical space is very clearly defined, such as the living room composed of the floor, wall, and roof.
3.2 Application Of Functional Materials
The emergence of more and more new materials also adds a touch of bright color to the design of container houses, such as glass partition makes the two spaces closely connected but does not affect the use of function, strong permeability.
Green eco-friendly materials make the indoor space more humane and create a more comfortable living environment.
3.3 Application Of Construction Technology
Due to the stability of the module’s structure, welding can be used in the construction combination. But because of its large size and weight, large tonnage trailers and cranes are needed for transport and assembly.
Modular components have the following construction characteristics:
About 9/10 of the work can be completed in the factory, about 1/10 of the component assembly, fitting, pipeline installation, etc. This feature makes the molding of container houses away from climate influences and is conducive to large-scale industrial production;
Reduce the output of labor. The working environment is superior to the ordinary construction site;
Short construction period, saving time, compared to large board room can be shortened by 50% ~ 70%, allowing capital turnover, to a large extent to obtain investment benefits, to meet the needs of users;
3.4 Application Of Energy-Saving And Environmental Protection
Many spaces have been created between the modules, and their rational use can solve the problem of everyday land use in the current social environment. But, more important is the positive impact of green space distribution, which improves the green space rate, reflects the concept of harmonious development between man and nature and makes the building more beautiful.
The perfect integration of new building materials and containers makes the house more robust. In addition, the house temperature change is small because of its thermal insulation function and can reduce air conditioning and other equipment.
Fresh air through multi-stage filtration into the room within an hour can be ventilated once, eliminating the chemical odor caused by the secondary decoration.
3.5 Advantages Of Pre-Made Container Homes
- disassembly assembly is very convenient; steel construction can stack up to 16 layers.
- Movable. The mobility of container dwellings embodies the concept of sustainability as opposed to the fixed construction of traditional buildings.
- Be able to resist the invasion of harsh weather, such as earthquakes.
- fireproof, thermal insulation performance is also much better than traditional cement brick building.
- Short cycle. The construction of traditional buildings from the bottom to the top, the foundation is the first preparation work, only the pile can be upward masonry. Container housing is a prefabricated production mode. The foundation preparation was carried out simultaneously, coupled with the high degree of mechanization of assembly. As a result, the construction cycle is shortened by about 50% than traditional building construction.
- Economy. The traditional building is mainly workforce, mechanical assistance, and container housing primarily relies on machinery and equipment production, reducing labor force and saving cost.
- Small climate impact. The construction of container houses is less affected by the climate, and the delivery date can be guaranteed day and night.
3.6 Application Of Pre-Made Container Homes
- Student housing, the first student residence to enter the international perspective, is Amsterdam’s 100 modular university student apartments, so pre-made container homes have received market attention and rapid development.
- The resort area, pre-made container homes in seasonal tourist attractions, has a high rate of use, not only because of its low requirements on the built environment, reducing the damage to the surrounding environment, but also can use its mobility to reuse, improve the utilization rate.
- Seismic area, due to the high strength of pre-made container homes, good seismic performance, coupled with its mobility, provides convenience for pre-earthquake prevention and post-earthquake rehabilitation work.
- Areas with large population density such as the military, the Olympics, the World Cup, and other regions are also suitable for developing pre-made container homes.